Friday, July 25, 2008

Follow up Visit - July 25th

My son, Brock and I visited with the doctor today for my surgery follow-up. Dr. Bhansali took the staples out quickly. Only one of the seven staples did make me wince but all others were taken out nicely. I was very impressed with his skills. Only problem I have is the lingering feeling of no taste on the right side of my tongue. Dr Bhansali said that at this point, a nerve was probably cut that affected this sense and that time will restore this feeling back. Hopefully, that will happen before our next appointment.

My next visit is scheduled for Tuesday, August 12th. This is the day we will activate the implant. I am looking forward to it!!! I received the Advanced Bionics Hi-Res processor kit from the audiologist and will review the CD and read up on the accessories brochures and materials.

Many thanks to you all who have sent me cards, emails and called our house to find out how I was doing. I hope you all are enjoying my blogs!

4 comments:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Hi John! I wanted to join the others to say congratulations on your CI surgery. Now the hard part is to hurry up and wait for your activation.

My 14 year old stepdaughter, Amanda time frame is very similar to yours. Her surgery was July 14th and her activation will be the same day as yours, August 12th.

See my blog for more information about Amanda and her family.

http://jenniferbrunoconde.blogspot.com/

And you might want to check out the Hearing Journey Forum http://www.hearingjourney.com

Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Hi John!
Waving from up here in Tennessee :). Glad you came through your surgery so well...your incision looks good!
Just wanted to say "welcome" to the AB CI family...you have an exciting journey ahead of you. I know you said in one of your earlier posts that you wished you'd done this long ago...I put it off as long as I could, but now that it's done, I wish I had done this ten years ago...what a difference it would have made!! You have great things to look forward to!
Am enjoying your posting...keep it up!

elizabeth said...

Congratulations and best wishes as you begin your CI journey to hearing. I hope you'll consider adding your blog to Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- there are many "Village People" who have been in your shoes and would love to help with any questions you may have as you discover sounds with your new ear!

Edie Gibson said...

Hi John - So glad to hear about your progress. Keep up the great attitude and the blogging. Can't wait to hear about your activation. Let me know if you need anything!

Edie
egibson@advancedbionics.com