Thursday, July 24, 2008

Two days after surgery - July 18th

Friday was the day I could take the bandages off my head and take a shower. What a relief. The scar doesn’t look that bad. It runs from the back of my right ear straight up the side of head about six inches. There is a patch of baldness just above my ear. The sight of it looks strange. (See pictures of my scar). There are seven staples instead of stitches. I was able to run my hair through the shower and it felt so good. The feeling of numbness and tastelessness still remains on the right side of my tongue. Doctor said that was one of the side effects of the anesthesia and will eventually wear off. Doctor’s office called to check on my recovery and reminded us that our follow up visit would be next Friday, on July 25th. I’m looking forward to the date. That will be the day that I will pick up the Advanced Bionic processor kit package. I will need to get familiar with the accessories and charge up the batteries before my activation date. I will find out when that will happen at this visit and let everyone know ASAP.

4 comments:

Kim said...

WOW -- great incision. You're doing great!! I have enjoyed reading your blog! Keep up the great work

Kim
AB CI user since 1994

Sam said...

Congrats! At least you're smiling so all has to be well. Wait until you're activated, its going to be some wonderful baby steps.

Abbie said...

Hi John! I came running over to your blog once I heard about it. Your incision looks really good! I keep hearing more and more incisions are using staples for some reason. I'm scratching my head why. I'm can't wait to read more about your journey!

David said...

Congrats! I just had my second CI 2 days ago!
Welcome to cyborg land!
David