Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pre-Op Surgery Appointment - July 8th

I visited with Dr. Bhansali on July 8th for pre-op evaluation. The doctor asked if I decided which model I wanted to be implanted with. I told him that I wanted to go with Advanced Bionics Hi-Res Harmony. He asked which ear will have the implant. I chose my right ear. Since I usually drive the family car, I wanted to be able to hear everyone out of my right ear which would be closer inside the car than next to the window. I sit on the left side of our den sofa so it made better sense to me to have the implant on the right ear so I could listen to conversation from my right. Melinda sleeps on my right, so I wanted to try to listen to her from my right ear before we go to sleep. After our appointment, I had to go to the hospital to have chest x-rays and blood tests done before going home. All of the tests were positive for me to proceed with the surgery the following week. I hope that all goes well.

No comments: